For our first stop to our 1 year wedding anniversary trip my husband and I stopped in Paris. He knew it was the one place that I had always wanted to go to, so when he was putting this trip together he made sure to have us stop through there first. <3 The first day we got there we walked the Champs D’Elysees, saw the Eiffel Tower, ate a lot of food and ice cream and then went to bed around 7 because we were exhausted.
The second day was all about exploring the city.
1) Eiffel Tower- We got there early and ending up taking the stairs to really get a feel of the meaningfulness behind the structure, but that quickly ended when I was short for breathe and freaking out when we got to the top because I have a super large fear of heights. lol
2) Musee D’ Orsay- I primary wanted to go here because I wanted to have the infamous clock picture but once we entered it was amazing to see all the statues, paintings, and a original Van Gough.
3) Notre Dame- Right before we went in we decided to have a quick lunch at the Le Notre Dame restuarant and for Diego to get a nice cold beer.
Once we came in we were consumed on how beautiful this church really was and we took a moment to donate for a candle, while Diego said a little prayer for his dad that is watching out for us above.
After Notre Dame we started walking around the area and getting lost. We ended up finding a large area with tons of shops and restaurants and we fell in love.
4) Parc Luxembourg was great and not only was it beautiful, it was extremely lively. People were having lunch, tanning, playing sports, doing homework or enjoying an afternoon nap. We ended up relaxing under a statue because it was an extremely hot day and enjoyed the scenery.
5) Lovure was one of our last stops for the day and with the amount of tourists around we decided not to venture on the other side of the street to get a close up. lol
6) Jardin de Tuilleries and the Palace de la Corde was an absolutely beautiful garden with a Ferris Wheel, restaurants, ice cream and millions of beautiful flowers. We ended up getting a quick drink to sit down and enjoy the views.
Once it hit late afternoon we decided to head back to the hotel and get ready for dinner. Our hotel told us to go to Montemarte and see the Sacre-Coeur for sunset. So once we relaxed and changed we made a quick stop at Leduree because you can not go to Paris and miss it. You can read more about this previous post here. Sacre-Coeur was absolutely gorgeous and had a phenomenal view of Paris..it was great to see how lively it was and take in everything.
Once we were done we decided to actually not have dinner in Montemarte and made our way back to the Notre Dame area to enjoy some of the restaurants that we saw earlier while we got lost. Obviously I was mostly excited about ice cream and the fact they had passion fruit. lol
Our third day in Paris consisted of Versailles and it was spectacular. We ended up only going into the garden because the wait was almost 2 hrs to go inside, but we felt like we were in the secret garden so it totally was ok. 🙂
During our stay in Paris we stayed at the Napoleon which is right next to the Arc De Triumph. Our room was located on their top floor in one of their Avenue Junior Suites which had an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and Arc De Triumph…can we say swoon!!
Au Reviour from Paris
Pictures taken by IPhone, GoPro and a Nikon D3300