9 years ago my hubby asked me to be his girlfriend, and it is still one of the best days of my life. Not only do we celebrate this many years together, but also over a decade of friendship, and that makes my heart so happy. So to celebrate our big 9, the hubby and I thought we would share a few things about us that not to many people know. 🙂
1. We both knew about each other before we officially met. He had a friend in high school that transferred to my high school and we became best friends. So, we obviously heard a lot about each other over the years, and are amazed how things might have been different if we had actually met prior to college.
2. We both always want to be right and are super stubborn on things. In the end, we 90% of the time comprise to what each other wants, that is what marriage and a relationship is about right?
3. I am super spontaneous and Diego is not, and we have had a few bickering fights because one minute he says let’s go do this and that (which I get very exited about), and then he changes his mind. It literally drives me crazy.
4. Diego loves to cook/clean and I am so thankful for that. When it comes to cleaning I don’t mind it, but I tend to steer clear of the kitchen and bathroom because I just imagine all the ickiness it contains. lol You will see me on the other hand always keeping the house neat and tidy no matter what.
5. Diego loves scary movies and I hate them. I seriously can not remember the last time we went to see a scary movie. Even if we rent one and watch it at the house I am hiding behind my hands or blankets and covering my ears so I don’t hear anything.
6. I LOVE massages and Diego HATES them. I could seriously have a massage multiple times and day and be the happiest person in the whole world, but hubby is the total opposite and it sucks!! lol Sometimes I have to place bets with him that I know I will win, so I can make sure I have one. 😉
7. Diego can be a adrenaline junkie at times and because I am extremely afraid of heights that has left me on the sidelines more times than none. I remember we went to Las Vegas a few years ago and Diego got us this zip lining excursion, which I was all about in the beginning. Once we got all strapped up and them drove us up this steep rocky mountain and I looked over the edge I had a full on panic attack and started crying. Needless to say I didn’t do it and waited for him at the end of it.
8. Traveling is one of our most favorite things in the entire world, and we do not like going to places twice because it is more fun seeing new sites. The only place we have ever gone more than once too was Punta Cana. We went there on our very first trip together at 3 months, and then again to celebrate 5 years.
9. We always, and I mean ALWAYS finish each other sentences or say the exact same thing at the same time. Not going to lie, there have been so many moments when we look at each other and are like “OMG ARE YOU IN MY HEAD??”. It is honestly one of my most favorite things ever that we do because it is so true and honest of who we are, and how you really do become one person after so many years together.
Thank you for following and I can’t wait to celebrate with my hubby tonight because I have a little surprise for him when he gets home. <3
Pictures by Rachel Stubbe Photography