This post is sponsored by Nordstrom + RewardSTYLE. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Happy Monday everyone. Diego, Sofia and I officially got back last night from Cabo and we are running on E because you always needs a vacation from a vacation…am I right? We were gone for a week for celebrate Diego’s birthday by visiting Disneyland and then ending it in Cabo; it was absolutely perfect and so relaxing and I’ll make sure to have a recap soon.
For Diego’s birthday gift I got a special date night setup this weekend and I cannot wait. When it comes to date night I always love to head to Nordstrom to grab everything that I need to spend special time with the hubby. As girls, who doesn’t love to get dressed up for your man and yourself right? Nordstrom always has so many choices to choose from and I love that they are such great quality pieces and a few I grabbed are currently on sale. You know I love a good deal. 😉
In winter, it is all about layers that still extenuates your shape under all of clothes, but also keeps you warm. I love pairing my outfits around my suede moto jacket that is a staple in my closet during the cooler seasons; it is a splurge, but I wear it ALL THE TIME. I paired it with this perfect cable sleeve pullover that is currently 40% off making it under $30, these over the knee boots that sadly just sold out, but are still available in black and 50% off and adding my favorite high waisted jeans. This look is one that I absolutely love and could wear it every day if I could.
When it comes to Diego he loves a great blazer as a layer and this one is currently 50% off, while adding his favorite pair of dark denim jeans, a classic white button down and these oxfords that he loves to wear as much as possible. The outfit is super cute and simple and I love the way he looks when he wears this for date night…insert all the heart eyes.
Now, in honor of STYLE THE HUBBY’s birthday yesterday, here are 5 things you don’t know about Diego.
5 THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW DIEGO
- Once he has become a dad, he officially has broken his non-emotional streak. Diego has literally cried in front of me only 2 or 3 times, but once we had Sofia that all changed. I love that he has become more emotional and how our daughter brought out a much softer side. It is my favorite.
- He hates taking pictures and being in photos. To do this shoot I had to beg him and promised him it would only take 30 minutes, which we all know took longer than that. 😉
- He is amazing with money. He loves to invest, save are money as much as he can and put it in places where we can gain the most interest. On the other side though he hates when I buy $5 shirts for Sofia, but will spend a couple hundred on random things that I think aren’t to useful. lol It’s a funny balance.
- I call him wishy washy because he changes his mind all the time. One second he is down for anything and 2 minutes later he decides he wants to stay home and do nothing. I always yell at him for it because it is the one thing that I can’t stand. lol I’m like, “No! You said we are going to do (X,Y,Z) so we are going to do it, get ready!!”
- He is the best with surprises. From surprise birthday vacations out of state, to sweet sentimental gifts, he always goes above and beyond to make his girls feel so special and loved. <3
Thank you so much for reading and Happy Birthday +1 day to STYLE THE HUBBY!!!
Photos by Banavenue