Hi babes and Happy Tuesday!! So I know I am super late writing this Cabo post, like two months late, but I always feel travel posts take so much longer and with a toddler it can sometimes seen impossible to find the time to write it. lol
We headed to Cabo as our second stop to a fun-filled week to celebrate hubby’s birthday and we could not wait. We had never been to Cabo, but so many of my friends had and they say they absolutely love it!! Once we got there we completely understood what all the hype was about. Diego and I have been to Cancun a bunch of times because it’s so close to Houston, but honestly after visiting Cabo is so much better than Cancun. At least for me personally.
Well without further ado it is time to talk about where to stay, what to bring and what to do in Cabo with a toddler.
Tips for Traveling
- Take a late flight into Cabo. People are always traveling in the morning or mid day because they want to maximize the daylight, but with that comes a lot of traffic and crazy custom lines which are never fun. We flew in after 7pm and got through customs and grabbed our bags in less than 20 minutes, which is a complete record for any trip I have done. So I highly suggest it.
- Make sure you have enough snacks and drinks for our flight, no matter how close you are. Kids tend to want a million more comfort foods when traveling, or at least Sofia does.
Where To Stay
We stayed at the Hyatt Ziva Cabo and loved every minute of it. Not only is it super family friendly from its large kiddie pool and activity center (kids 4-12 babysitting provided), but it also has a ton of restaurants with delicious food, multiple pools to enjoy, and the employees that work at the resort make it so fun and family oriented. Most importantly though, you cannot get over the gorgeous views.
Another great thing about this resort is that they are less than 15 minutes away from the airport, and I absolutely love that because when we travel to Cancun it always takes FOREVER to get to the hotel.
Family Things To Do in Cabo
- Arch of Los Cabos– Take a car and head to the peninsula to take a boat to go see the famous arches. Sofia was asleep most of the time but finally work up to see it. Go in the later afternoon so that way you can get a great shot of yourself on the edge of the boat without the sun blasting your face is being too bright of a photo.
- Swim With Dolphins- We didn’t get to do this, but there is a place across the street from our hotel that I wish we could have done it. One of the best places to use is Cabo Adventures.
- Beach Day- Stay at the hotel and enjoy the beach. Build sand castles, listen and dance to the fun music at the pool and make sure to bring or buy things to play with on the beach.
- Head to the Lover’s Beach- Right next to the Arch and adds to the experience of Cabo.
- Shopping- Get dropped off by Cabo Wabo, have some food and a few drinks and walk around and do some shopping for fun gifts to bring back home or typical outfit for the kiddo to wear while they are there.
- Have fun and Relax- The most important thing is to enjoy your family time and the beautiful weather and take in all the memories.
What To Wear
So the biggest thing I will saw is to wear as much summer pieces as possible. From dresses, to two pieces sets and tons of bathing suits you cannot go wrong, but also to not forget to bring light cardigans and sweaters. During the day Cabo is warm and wonderful, but once the sun goes down the wind picks up and it can get really chilly. I never went anywhere at night without a jacket.
Below are some of my outfits I wore and links to the pieces to give you a better idea of some cute pieces to take with you.
What To Bring
- Carrier and a Umbrella Stroller
- Cash so you can exchange for pesos
- Bug Spray
- Lots of sunblock
- A beach bag
Thanks so much for reading and have a great vacation!!