Three weeks ago I headed to Round Top for a quick overnight trip with my parents and we had so much fun. With both the kids and my mom not able to walk a lot, it definitely was a great getaway option for the whole family and it is only an 1.5 hour drive from Houston which is THE BEST!!
WHAT TO DO
- Park right in front of the town square which is right across from Royers Round Top Cafe. It is well known around Texas.
- Head to Henkel Square and go into every store in the circle. Right here you will also find Royer’s Pie Haven where you will find their infamous pie!!! Make sure to get one because it is by far the BEST EVER!!! I got strawberry with vanilla ice cream. Be advised though that if you eat outside, which you will have too, there are tons of bees because of all the sweetness. 😉
- Humble Donkey has the sweetest owners and they give wine for shopping, so all the girls were in heaven.
- The church is in the far back and we got so lucky because there was a wedding that day and it was decorated perfectly and so beautifully. It definitely is a great spot to take a picture or have a future wedding. <3
- Once you make your round head to Bybee Square which has some cute shops and Lulu’s where you can gran some Italian food if you are craving it.
- Mandito’s- Owned by Houston’s own Armando’s we decided to check it out, eat some Tex Mex and have a drink or two by doing a pickup and eating outside on the porch.
- Rimmel Square- End your trip with the last group of homes that has tons of more cute shops, places to eat and cute picture opportunities. At Townsend Provisions Rebekah and I grabbed some quick Mama tees that we love..especially since Mother’s Day was this past weekend.
I will have to say that this little boutique hotel has so much charm and cuteness the it completely exceeded my expectations. Due to it being smaller we truly got to enjoy the entire place to ourselves, especially the pool, which we spent a good 2 hours at. 😉
The Frenchie is composed of three buildings: a circa 1890s farmhouse and a cottage of the same vintage and an art studio built in recent years in the style of an earlier time. The property also features a potting shed that is older than the farmhouse; it serves as a lounge available to all guests. The main house also includes a kitchen, coffee bar and wine bar that are used as common spaces. While The Frenchie is located within easy walking distance of downtown Round Top, it backs up to an open pasture providing country views and privacy. You can rent individual rooms, individual suites or any combination of those.
Below is the map that you can get at almost every store in Roundtop. The city is maybe a 1 mile walk all together so you can get through it fairly quickly, so just enjoy it, take your time and each and drink your way through the fun. 🙂